While the wife took care of the business at the shop, Dr. Ho would cycle from villages to towns and covered the Malay Peninsula to promote Ho Yan Hor. Despite the sore blistered feet, he was able to get himself his very first vehicle, Morris Minor in 1948, and also a Fordson Light Van, the Ho Yan Hor Marketing Van in 1951.
The factory of Ho Yan Hor was built in 1954 at Kuala Kangsar Road. The herbal tea was getting known in Singapore and Thailand while the first overseas branch was setup in Hong Kong in the 1960s. The brand got a spotlight in the United States, United Kingdom and New Zealand in the 1970s.